Dr Diana Barnes (Postdoctoral Research Fellow)
Epistolary Community in Print, 1580-1664. Ashgate, 2013.
- “The Public Life of a Woman of Wit and Quality: Lady Mary Wortley Montagu and the Vogue for Smallpox Inoculation,” Feminist Studies 38.2 (2012): 330-62.“
- Philosophy in Familiar Epistolary Form in Margaret Cavendish’s Philosophical Letters (1664)” in special issue “Friendship in Early Modern Philosophy and Science” ed. Richard Yeo and Vanessa Smith, Parergon, 26.2 (2009): 39-64.“
- Restoration of Royalist Form in Margaret Cavendish’s Sociable Letters (1664),” Meridian: The La Trobe University English Review, 8.1 (2001): 201-14.
- “Gender, Genre and Canonicity: Dorothy Osborne’s Letters to Sir William Temple” in Expanding the Canon of Early Modern Women, ed. Paul Salzman (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2010): 49-65.
- “The Secretary of Ladies and Conversion at the Court of Henrietta Maria” in Henrietta Maria: Piety, Politics and Patronage, ed. Erin Griffey (Ashgate, 2008): 39-56.